Apax Funds create integrated social good software platform
The Apax X Fund (“Apax X”), in which AGA is a limited partner, has announced that, following its investment in CyberGrants in June, it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire majority stakes in EveryAction, an omni-channel engagement platform for non-profits, and Social Solutions, a case management software provider of data-driven insights to non-profit and public sector customers. Both transactions are expected to close in Q3 2021, subject to customary closing conditions.
Upon completion, Apax X intends to combine these two companies with CyberGrants to create a new leading provider of next-generation Software-as-a-Service (“Saas”) solutions to the social good ecosystem. The combined company will have an enterprise value of $2bn and annual revenue of over $200m, making it the largest M&A transaction in the history of the social good software sector and the second largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the sector globally.
On a look through basis, AGA is expected to invest c. €23m in the combined company, depending on final closing arrangements. Note that this figure relates to AGA’s look through position of Apax X’s overall investment in the combined company and is stated before taking into account any closing adjustments and translated based on the latest exchange rates available where applicable1.
The combined company brings together EveryAction’s omni-channel engagement platform for non-profits, used to optimise stakeholder interactions, raise more money, and build more support, with Social Solutions’ case management software that provides actionable, data-driven insights in order to help non-profit and public sector customers better coordinate the delivery of essential services, measure impact, and improve outcomes for those in need, as well as CyberGrants’ solutions for corporate social responsibility, employee engagement, and volunteer management that maximises the impact of corporate philanthropy. The combination will allow the three companies to scale their unique offerings and improve their support for non-profit organisations. Together, their differentiated, end-to-end solutions will collectively support a unique network of 650,000 non-profit organizations, many of the most respected companies and foundations in the world including half of the Fortune 500, and over 38m donors and volunteers.
AGA, whose shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange, provides investors with access to a diversified portfolio of private equity funds advised by Apax, as well as a focused portfolio of debt and equity investments (“Derived Investments”). In July 2019, AGA made a commitment of c.$450m2 to Apax X.
For more information about the transaction, please visit: https://www.apax.com/news/press-releases/
Investor Relations – AGA
Telephone: +44 (0)207 666 6526
- Based on Bloomberg closing rate of EUR/USD FX rate on 2 August 2021 of 1.1870
- AGA’s commitment in Apax X of c$450m represents a commitment of $225m in the USD tranche and €199.8m in the euro tranche
- Note that references in this announcement to Apax Global Alpha Limited have been abbreviated to “AGA” or “the Company”. References to Apax Partners LLP have been abbreviated to “Apax Partners” or “the Investment Adviser”
- Please be advised that this announcement may contain inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) NO. 596/2014 (“MAR”)
- This announcement is not for release, publication or distribution, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, into or within the United States or to “US persons” (as defined in Regulation S under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”) or into or within Australia, Canada, South Africa or Japan. Recipients of this announcement in jurisdictions outside the UK should inform themselves about and observe any applicable legal requirements in their jurisdictions. In particular, the distribution of the announcement may be restricted by law in certain jurisdictions
- The information presented herein is not an offer for sale within the United States of any equity shares or other securities of Apax Global Alpha Limited (“AGA”). AGA has not been and will not be registered under the US Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended (the “Investment Company Act”). In addition, AGA’s shares (the “Shares”) have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act or any other applicable law of the United States. Consequently, the Shares may not be offered or sold or otherwise transferred within the United States, or to, or for the account or benefit of, US Persons, except pursuant to an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and under circumstances which will not require AGA to register under the Investment Company Act. No public offering of the Shares is being made in the United States
- This announcement may include forward-looking statements. The words “expect”, “anticipate”, “intends”, “plan”, “estimate”, “aim”, “forecast”, “project” and similar expressions (or their negative) identify certain of these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are statements regarding AGA’s intentions, beliefs or current expectations concerning, among other things, AGA’s results of operations, financial condition, liquidity, prospects, growth and strategies. The forward-looking statements in this presentation are based on numerous assumptions regarding AGA’s present and future business strategies and the environment in which AGA will operate in the future. Forward-looking statements involve inherent known and unknown risks, uncertainties and contingencies because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future and may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of AGA to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward looking statements. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors that are beyond AGA’s ability to control or estimate precisely, such as future market conditions, currency fluctuations, the behaviour of other market participants, the actions of regulators and other factors such as AGA’s ability to continue to obtain financing to meet its liquidity needs, changes in the political, social and regulatory framework in which AGA operates or in economic or technological trends or conditions. Past performance should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding future performance. AGA expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release any updates or revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect any change in AGA’s expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any statement is based after the date of this announcement, or to update or to keep current any other information contained in this announcement. Accordingly, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this announcement.
About Apax Global Alpha Limited
AGA is a Guernsey registered closed-ended collective investment scheme incorporated as a non-cellular company that listed on the London Stock Exchange on 15 June 2015. It is regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
AGA’s objective is to provide shareholders with capital appreciation from its investment portfolio and regular dividends. The Company is targeting an annualised Total Return, across economic cycles, of 12-15% (net of fees and expenses) including a dividend yield of 5% of Net Asset Value.
The investment policy of the Company is to make Private Equity investments in funds advised by Apax (“Apax Funds”), and Derived Investments which are investments in equities and debt derived from the insights gained via Apax’s Private Equity activities.
Further information regarding the Company and its publications are available on the Company’s website at www.apaxglobalalpha.com.
About Apax Partners LLP
Apax Partners LLP (“Apax”) is a leading global private equity advisory firm. For nearly 50 years, Apax has worked to inspire growth and ideas that transform businesses. The firm has raised and advised funds with aggregate commitments of more than $60 billion. The Apax Funds invest in companies across four global sectors of Tech, Services, Healthcare, and Internet/Consumer. These funds provide long-term equity financing to build and strengthen world-class companies. For further information about Apax, please visit www.apax.com.
Apax Partners is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.